Sunday, September 4, 2011

Vintage Dress

Before
I picked up this vintage homemade dress a few weeks ago at the thrift store. I loved the peach color and little pleats. It did need a little work though! I fixed the neckline, shortened the sleeves and folded up the waist band.



Dress: Thrifted/Altered
Earrings/Belt: F21
Shoes: Tahari via TJMaxx


I feel like this dress is somewhere in between 2 of Kate Middleton's dresses. It has the floral and flowy aspect of this one...


And the pleats from this one!


11 comments:

  1. Julie!! That is amazingly gorgeous. And that color is absolutely perfect with your skin tone. Bravo and a bonus point to you, my dear.

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a great job with this. I am so impressed with your sewing & altering skills. For real!! You looked beautiful today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl, that dress is fabulous! What an awesome find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Such a pretty style and pretty color - it looked nice before but looks GREAT now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job with this dress. It's beautiful. Love the black shoes and belt with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You certainly did a number on that dress, and it looks amazing! I wish I had your sewing skills! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a serious dress makeover. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you handle the neckline? I'm about to work on a very similar dress, and am still considering the neckline options.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On that vintage dress neckline, I wanted to pull the boat neck up a bit. I took a little pleat inside on top of the shoulder to pull up the front. However now I can barely get my head through! But, I still can so I didn't pull it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow girl!!! this transformation is rockin awesome! i want this dress!
    ~selina

    ReplyDelete