Sunday, July 3, 2011

Feeling Patriotic!


 I picked this skirt up from the $1.00 rack yesterday at one of my favorite thrift stores.  It was size 3XL but was a quick fix. I wanted to just cinch up the elastic instead of chopping up the side. But the elastic was sew on, so it took a little more effort. I unpicked the elastic, cut a new piece the size of my waist, and created a casing to slide in. As you can see in the picture, there wasn't much gathering since the elastic was only slightly smaller than the skirt. So once I added a much smaller piece of elastic it created more gathering to my liking!



Shirt Zara (thrifted)  Skirt Thrifted and altered  Belt from another dress   
Shoes Jellypop via TJMaxx  Jewlery Old Navy and F21


Sweet Serendipity

5 comments:

  1. You are so talented! I like how you just "whip" this stuff up! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're beautiful! Good job on the skirt! I wish I could sew.
    One more thing: Those shoes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Are these pics taken in your back yard??? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete