Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Off day

And by "off" I mean feeling blah and not so cute. If I'd meant "day off" that would be far more exciting! But let's be honest here, moms don't really get days off!
Have you ever gotten all ready and then realize you hate what you are wearing? Not just 1 or 2 things, but like the whole thing. Like, get naked and start over again. This was me today.
 But I wasn't feeling it. Probably because I starting building this outfit from the capris. I tend to have better luck when I start with a piece of jewelry or top. Not sure why... Black goes with everything right? Anywho, so I only wore this for about an hour before I decided to start all over.
Shirt: thrifted
Capris: Old Navy
Cardgian: Shade
Necklace: Forever 21
Belt: thrifted
Flats: Target

 I ended up in Skinny cargos though which may not last long if it makes it to 80 degrees today. I need some skinny capris! I feel weird wearing a looser top without a more fitted pant. I'd bet that by 2:00 this afternoon these skinnies get swapped for the black capris even if they don't really "go". Whatever, sometimes comfort wins around here!
Shirt: The Loft
Skinny cargos: Target
Headband: Ross
Necklace: Forever 21


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I have done that so many times!!! I have found that using Polyvore has helped me a lot when I'm trying to come up with an outfit...I can just change the picture on the computer instead of having to change my actual clothes! =) I love those cargo pants from Target...super comfy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the skinny cargos. Also I really like that rule about wearing tighter bottoms with a loose top. That way you don't feel like your just wearing BIG clothes. You look cute in both pictures, but I totally know what you mean. This is why women change outfits so many times. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the first outfit!!! So adorable! Hope you will join us for Fashion Friday again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love leopard print at the moment and I'd really like to get something like a leopard print cardigan. I love the way you styled the look and the leopard print flats with the top look really great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, love them both, but the second outfit is so cozy and adorable! I like your idea to start with the jewelry.

    ReplyDelete