Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thrifted Vintage


 Blouse: Thrifted (vintage)
Jeans/Necklace/Heels: Target
Earrings: Old Navy
Belt: Thrifted


I love finding vintage clothes at Goodwill. Especially on 50% off day! This blouse only set me back 2.12
The details on the front are so me. And it is light and comfy for the southern heat and humidity that is starting up here in South Carolina!

"Vintage" is a tricky term. It doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. But, one of my favorite articles of reference is THIS post about labels.
One easy thing I always look for when glancing through racks and rack of clothes is the longer/larger sleeve length of a blouse or dress. Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of my recent vintage finds and their labels so you can see some more examples. Over time it definitely gets easier to recognize older styles! Now, go find some at your local thrift store! You never know what you'll find  :)


Cardi: Francesca's Collections


ps. I found this sun hat in the "dollar" section at Target for 2.50
It makes me feel like I'm channeling my inner Kate M. Can't wait for the wedding!

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness do i love this outfit and its versions:) i LOVE hats--wore one at my wedding! you are one sexy momma if i do say so myself:0)
    aleisha
    cutefatandshort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. shut up. i have that same hat. i'm wearing it today so that i can post it tomorrow. we are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top and so versatile!! Love vintage blouses, they are awesome! Thanks for sharing on Thrifty Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I found you through the thrifty thursday link up... & I realized we live in the same town!! Crazy & awesome! If you know of others, perhaps we should do a meet up!

    2. I totally have the same hat! I love great bargains!

    3. Your shirt is such a great treasure to be found at a thrift store! I'm sure you'll get great use out of it!

    Mandy
    http://simplicityandreality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thrifted vintage...now THAT is true vintage!!! love this off white shirt and the belt/jewelry AND the hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy, I am your newest follower! I found this post via Clothed Much's "outfits you wear all the time" post...love this! I like how elegant and ladylike everything is, but with a little personality from the green polish and fun jewelry.

    :o) Renée
    http://namasterenee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete